Here are three more delicious recipes by Reena Chandrashekar
BUTTER CHICKEN SKILLET MAC ‘n’ CHEESE ( PANEER for vegetarian option)
350 gms. Boneless chicken cubes
A pinch. Salt and pepper
1/4 cup. Butter …divided
1/2 cup. Chopped onions
4 tsps. All purpose flour
1 1/2 cups. Milk
1/2 cup. Already made cutter chicken gravy ( or butter paneer gravy)
1 3/4 cups. Shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. Tandoori masala ( Everest or any brand)
2 cups Elbow macaroni
1/2 cup. Chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 cup. Paneer cubes. ( vegetarian option)
1. In a pot of boiling water, cook pasta with a pinch of salt and a tsp of oil , until al dente. Drain but reserve a cup of the draining liquid.
2. In a pan , heat 1 tbsp of butter and cook chicken , adding a pinch of salt and pepper ,cook till the pieces of chicken are well cooked on all sides. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Vegetarian : In a pan heat 1 tbsp of butter and sear the cubes of paneer adding a pinch of Salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
4. In the same skillet , melt the remaining butter over medium heat and cook the onions till soft. Add flour and stir for a few seconds. Add milk and whisk in the butter chicken/ paneer gravy, whisking all the time (roughly 4 to 5 minutes) until it’s thick and coats the back of a spoon.
5. Stir in the 1 1/4 cups of mozzarella and cheddar cheese until melted and add the tandoori Masala and the cooked chicken cubes.
6. Stir pasta into chicken mixture , sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and let it boil a bit in the skillet.
7. Sprinkle with chopped coriander.
Pairs well with toasted garlic rolls.
Tip: adding some of the starchy cooking liquid to the pasta, gives the sauce a creamy consistency without having to add additional oil.
RED VELVET OREO CHEESECAKE
For the cookie base
30 nos. Oreo chocolate cookies
6 tbsps. Melted butter
Crush the cookies in a blender and add melted butter to it. Mix well and press it into a heart shaped springform type cake mould. Freeze for 15 mins ..
For the Cheesecake
Blend the following ingredients in the mixer jar:
2 x 8 oz Cream cheese softened
2 tbsps. Sour cream
3/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Hershey cocoa powder
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 tbsps. Red gel food colouring
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped Oreos
1. Pour this mixture over the cookie base and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 to 35 mins until the centre is just a little wiggly.
2. Remove from oven and chill in fridge for several hours.
Cream Cheese Frosting :
2 1/2 cups icing sugar
2 x 8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Using a hand whisk, beat the butter. Add icing sugar and beat till well blended,
Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract. And beat for I minute.
1. To assemble : Remove the cake from the pan by passing a knife between the cake and the pan and releasing the clips of the springform pan. Gently transfer the cake to a serving plate .
2. To frost the cake, first coat the cake with a small quantity of the frosting. Refrigerate.
3. Repeat this step with more frosting and finish with swirls of frosting using a 1 M tip.
4. Place fresh or chocolate coated strawberries on the top of the cake. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Cranberry juice. 1 cup
Soda. 1 bottle
Lemon juice concentrate. 1/4 cup
Orange slices 4
Lemon slices. 4
Ice cubes. 10
Mint sprig. A few
Fresh cranberries. A few if available.
In a blender, mix together cranberry juice, soda, lemon juice and ice cubes. Blitz it for a second or two in the blender then pour into a pitcher or glass jug.
While serving, insert a slice of orange into the bottom of each glass and pour the drink over.
Top with fresh cranberries, a wedge of lime on the glass and a sprig of mint.